Magnus Ridge Winery Careers
Magnus Ridge Winery is a finger lakes destination winery with over 35,000 visitors per year. Located along the slopes of Seneca Lake, Magnus Ridge Winery takes its inspiration from old world France. We grow our grapes over 73 acres of land, carefully balancing vineyards, woodlands, and ponds. Magnus Ridge Winery is an ideal place to start your career. By joining our team, you will receive extensive training in wine education and gain valuable hands-on sales experience. Our mission is to educate and delight our visitors by providing an exceptional wine pairing experience.
Magnus Ridge Tasting Room Associates
Expectations of A Magnus Ridge Tasting Room Associates: Tasting Room Associates should demonstrate a passion for providing an exceptionally high level of customer service and helping ensure that the best wine tasting experience is achieved through maintaining a clean, stocked, and organized atmosphere. Tasting Room Associates typically assist with restocking wine and merchandise, clean, shine and replenish wine tasting glasses, perform cash register transactions using the Point of Sale system (must be 18 years of age or older for wine sales), sell chocolates from Café Chocolate Case, and assist in the set up and breakdown of the tasting rooms throughout the day. The Tasting Room Associates are available as needed on the sales floor to assist customers in finding the wine and merchandise they are interested in. Everyone that works at Magnus Ridge winery is expected to be able to describe all Magnus Ridge wines, answer customer questions regarding our winemaking philosophy, history of our winery, and product offerings. In addition, adaptation to different paces throughout the day is necessary while maintaining a professional demeanor. All Associates are expected to be at work 10 minutes prior to starting their shift to ensure adequate staffing levels. Cell phone use is only permitted during breaks.
Job Overview: Tasting Room Associates at the Magnus Ridge Winery Visitor Center must be enthusiastic individuals with extraordinary people skills. The ideal candidates will have some sales experience, experience working with the public, excellent speaking/presentation skills, an outgoing personality, work well in a group environment, and thrive on staying busy and working in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail and awareness of the surroundings is critical.
- Honesty, high integrity, and ethical behavior
- Outgoing & fun personality
- Comfortable creating conversation with customers
- Exceptional people skills and customer service skills
- Comfortable around large energetic crowds
- Public speaking/oral presentation skills
- Good math skills and able to accurately make change without a calculator
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Experience in the wine, retail or hospitality environment
- Must be 18 years of age or older to be able to sell wine
- Must enjoy interacting with customers and co-workers
- Team player, willing to help co-workers
- Willing to work most weekends and holidays and occasional evenings for events
- Theatrical and acting experience a plus!
- Willingness to pitch in to help with all tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the Visitor Center.
- Must uphold NYS ABC laws at all time, including checking ID’s and refusing to serve or sell to intoxicated visitors
- Always greet visitors quickly in a cheerful and enthusiastic manner to make them instantly feel welcome and comfortable
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient and accurate manner
- Ability to follow multi-step directions
- Excellent basic math skills (addition, subtraction and division at a minimum)
- Ability to operate POS system without overages/underages
- Ability to quickly make change without errors
- Ensure that our guests have a unique experience
- Stock shelves with wine and merchandise, maintaining a neat and organized sales floor
- Keep tasting bars neat and orderly
- Quickly clean and reset tasting rooms following group tastings
- Cut, package and label cheese for wine pairings using safe food handling practices.
- Perform opening and closing tasks on regular basis, including, general cleaning, vacuuming, mopping, dishwashing, re-stocking, dusting, fronting product, preparing for next day of operation, etc.
- Together with the rest of the cast, ensure that the tasting rooms, bathrooms, hallways and outdoor patios and grounds are always kept neat and clean
How to Apply: Email your resume to email@example.com or call 315-416-0195